25 Day Countdown to Helping Hands for the Holidays
Published on October 26, 2023
Today marks 25 days until Helping Hands for the Holidays! We’re celebrating 25 years of giving back to our community through our signature event. Our goal is to raise $2,500 more than last year, but we can’t do it without you! Donate today and help us spread the word.
Follow our event page on Facebook https://fb.me/e/38HrwZrkm.
Helping Hands for the Holidays benefits Make-A-Wish Southern Florida, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida, and Lee Builders Care .
Everyone has their reason for giving. But, to celebrate our 25th anniversary we’ve create this list of 25 Reasons to Donate to Helping Hands for the Holidays!
- Ronald McDonald House of SWFL provides a “home-away-from-home” for families in a clean, affordable, comfortable and supportive environment while keeping them near their hospitalized child.
- Builders Care provides NO-COST, emergency construction services to elderly and/or disabled homeowners in Lee County.
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Every donation counts and any amount goes a long way to helping three local charitable organizations make an impact in our community.
- It costs The Ronald McDonald House $130 per night to house one family.
- According to Builders Care, the average cost to build a wheelchair ramp is $7,500.
- The average cost for Make-A-Wish Southern Florida to fund a wish ranges from $5,000 to $8,000.
- We’re all in this together and donating to the Helping Hands for the Holidays charities helps us feel more connected to those around us in our community.
- Between $10,000 and $15,000 – the average cost of a handicap accessible bathroom project completed by Builders Care.
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida has granted more than 13,000 wishes.
- The Ronald McDonald House of Southwest Florida provided 1,877 family night stays in 2022.
- When you choose to give to Helping Hands for the Holidays you’re helping to make a real difference in our local community.
- Builders Care has provided $5 million dollars in FREE emergency home repairs since 2005.
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida grants more than 625 wishes to local children with critical illnesses.
- When a child sick, the entire family needs comfort and support. Ronald McDonald House Charities of SWFL believes when families are together they cope better.
- Why stop at just knowing you’re making an impact? Your actions can inspire others to offer their support too.
- It costs between $40,000 and $50,000 to provide emergency roof repair services to needy and deserving elderly and disabled homeowners who cannot obtain repairs through traditional means.
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida grants wishes for children ages 2 1/2 to 18 who have been diagnosed with a critical illness.
- You’ll live longer. A University of Buffalo study found that Acts of Selflessness can decrease stress and contribute to a longer life.
- Builders Care has completed more than 500 projects at no-cost to Lee County homeowners – many are often living in unsafe or unhealthy housing conditions.
- The money raised by Helping Hands for the Holidays stays here in Southwest Florida.
- While most donors give for altruistic reasons, some are interested in charitable giving for tax benefits. That’s ok!
- Make-A-Wish Southern Florida serves children and families in 22 Florida counties in Southeast and Southwest Florida, the Tampa Bay and Suncoast regions and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Honor or memorialize someone you care about through your donation.
- Giving feels good!